Friday 13 April 2012

Preliminary Task Overview

Preliminary Task: October 24

We were given the task of making a school magazine by using the codes and conventions that we learned through our magazine research. My school magazine is a seasonal magazine and therefore it comes out 4 times a year, this edition was based on the winter season. 

targeted my school magazine at 6th form students aged 16 to 18 as I new a lot about what they were going through as I too am going through it, this meant I new what my target audience wanted. I mainly targeted my school magazine predominantly at females as even though our 6th form is mixed gender the ratio of females to males are about 80:20 so I felt I would be getting more readers if I aimed it mainly at females.

My articles were on topics such as 'UCAS form tips' and 'how to keep up with revision'. I chose these sorts of topics because it related to the season of that edition, as during this time sixth formers are typing up their UCAS forms and getting ready for the exam periods to come.

1 comment:

  1. this is great sharb!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bet you'll get an a hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete